On April 28th-30th in Budapest, Hungary, Ceva held its yearly summit designed to help poultry producers improve performance by increasing their awareness of the most innovative and integrated healthcare strategies.
“Vaccinology” is a new field of expertise combining the most advanced science: creation and use of vaccines, epidemiology, immunology, infectious disease, preventive medicine, public health and virology and its practical implementation in the field, with customized and convenient programmes, equipment monitoring tools and services.
250 poultry professionals from all over Europe, Africa and the Middle East met with world experts to exchange technical and practical information about the current control level of strategies for the control of Gumboro Disease, Infectious Bronchitis and Newcastle disease.
To read & download the presentations of the Summit, please click on the links below:
Tuesday April 28th
- Welcome and Introduction S.Comte, Ceva France
- Food and consummer trends in meat consumption in EU, J.J. Vandenheede, The Nielsen Company, Belgium.
- IBD virus evolution and IBD epidemiology in Europe, S. de Wit, GD Deventer, The Netherlands.
- Field monitoring of IBD virus in EU, S. de Wit, GD Deventer, The Netherlands.
- Control of IBD infection through usage of immune complex vaccine Cevac Transmune, B. Alva, Ceva, France.
- Customer Testimonial, J. du Toit, Mountain Valley, South Africa.
- Customer Testimonial, Mr. Engin ERBAY, Gedik piliç, Turkey.
- Customer Testimonial P. Cornelissen, Poultry Clinic Noord & Oostt, The Netherhland
Wednesday April 29th
- Danish poultry meat - How is low usage of antibiotics possible in an intensive production? P. Johannsen, Danhatch, Dannemark
- Is Newcastle disease still a threat for the poultryindustry? M. Paniago, Ceva, France.
- How Newcastle disease vaccines stimulate birds’ immune system? F. Rauw, Coda Cerva, Belgium.
- Vectormune ND a step forward to control Newcastle disease, Y. Gardin, Ceva, France.
- Field assessment of Newcastle disease vaccination, Y. Gardin, Ceva, France.
- Customer Testimonial A.N. Bilgin, Gedik Tavukçulwk, Turkey.
- Customer Testimonial H. Aitchison, Supreme, South Africa.
- Field evaluation of Vectormune ND in low ND risk: example of Brasil L. Sesti, Ceva, Brasil.
- Vectormune ND: 8 years of field usage, P. Paulet, Ceva, France.
Thursday April 30th
- The impact of infectious bronchitis on poultry production: example of Latin America, Prof. A.J. Piantino Ferreira, FMVZ-USP, Brasil.
- IB vaccination in Poland, 1 year feed back, Prof. Domanska, Pulawy Institute, Poland.
- Does the persistance of the CEVAC® IBird (strain 1/96) influence the efficacy of an Infectious Bronchitis control program in the field? The Italian experience, Dr. Cecchinato, IZ Padua, Italy.
- Vaccine application: experience of a daily management, W. Boyer, Ceva Desvac, France.
- Customer Testimonial, X. Gautier, LDC, France.
- Approach of IB control through monitoring and vaccination, P. Paulet, Ceva, France.